An instant pot pressure cooker is a very popular pressure cooker system in almost every household. You can make pretty much any meal in Instant Pot. What amazes me is that you can also make yogurt and cake in the new Instant pots that are available today. In this article, we will teach you how to make the best chicken breast in Instant Pot. You will not require a lot of spices for this recipe; however, you can add any additional spices according to your taste.
- Chicken Breast ( 2 chicken breasts)
- Spices (turmeric, cumin, and coriander powder)
- Olive oil
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Mustard Seeds
If you have frozen chicken, please defrost in in the microwave or let it sit for a few hours before you can marinate your chicken. Of course, you can put a frozen chicken breast in the Instant Pot, but for a greater taste, you must defrost the chicken and marinate them.
Marinate Your Chicken Breast ( 2 Chicken breasts )
Marinating your chicken breast is super important for this recipe because you want to have all the spices inside the chicken breast properly to be cooked slowly in the pressure cooker. This brings a lot of tenderness and taste to the chicken after done.
- Mix turmeric powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder well and add them to the chicken first
- Add a tablespoon ginger garlic paste to the chicken
- Add Green Chilli Paste to the chicken
- Mix Everything and Leave it for about 30 minutes to an hour.
Optionally, you can use yogurt to marinate your chicken as well. I prefer not to use it but it depends on your preference whether you want to include yogurt or not.
Cooking in an Instant Pot
I like to cook my chicken on a sauté mode before I use the pressure cooker option just to get the brownish color on the meat. In addition, sauté will give you the flavors most people are looking for in a chicken piece as no one likes a dull and white chicken piece on the plate.
Here are the instructions on how to Cook Chicken on an Instant Pot:
- Turn Instant Pot on a Saute mode
- Add two to three tablespoon of olive oil on the pot and let it heat for a moment
- Once the indicator says “HOT”, Add few mustard seeds (cumin seeds will work too)
- Add Chicken and Saute for about 5 minutes turn it over and repeat
- Now, turn off the saute mode and turn on the manual mode for about 15 – 20 mins depending on how tender and juicy you want your chicken to be
- Add half a glass of water and cover the lid
- Once the time has elapsed, you will hear and repeated long beep sound
- Let the air out and take your chicken out of the pot
I love this part of the cooking process where I get to garnish my food with awesome garnishings such as cilantro, lime, spices, lime chili powder etc. For chicken breast, just use a handful of cilantro and a half lime (not lemon) piece. please watch the video below for detailed and visual instructions.
Use the soup from the Instant Pot pressure cooker as a side for your tender and juicy chicken breast. Enjoy your meal.
Youtube Video from Beheli Eats on How to Make Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
If you do not have an instant pot at home, you are missing out on one of the greatest inventions of our time. You can buy them on Amazon for around $60-$90 easily depending on the model.
Click here to check out the latest price of Instant Pot on Amazon.
This article is a part of our lifestyle>>Food article and we hope you like some of the food recipes that we post on our channel. We also have a youtube channel called Beheli eats, please subscribe and follow the channel if you would like to see more recipes like this in the future.
Please let me know what you think about the article above. Write it in the comment section below and follow me on Instagram for more interesting articles on various topics related to to beauty, health, and lifestyle.